|GOT A BAD BOSS?
WORK THAT BOSS TO GET WHAT YOU WANT AT WORK
Got A Bad Boss? is for the legions of unhappy employees who have a Bad Boss--those bosses who inflict misery and abuse on too many employees who aren't in a position to quit. It's a practical step-by-step guide to making yourself valuable to a Bad Boss instead of cringing, screaming, or going crazy; to take control of your job and your career even if your Bad Boss is a raving lunatic, narcissist or just plain incompetent.
How? By discovering your Bad Boss's secret desire and secret fear--which then gives YOU the secret to "working” your boss to get what you want at work.
Not only that, but you’ve got strengths--work strengths embedded within your Employee Type--that you can use to make yourself valuable, to leverage your way to success no matter how bad your boss.
That’s what Got A Bad Boss? gives you: the specifics of how to work your Bad Boss to your advantage, with strategies and techniques particular to each type of Bad Boss, given your Employee Type.
The Bad Bosses:
- Finger Pointer Boss
- Incompetent Boss
- Egomaniacal Boss
- Ghost Boss
- Screamer/Irrational Boss
- Favoritism Boss
- Sexist Horny Pig Boss
Your Employee Type:
- Ambitious Employee
- Hyper-Sensitive Employee
- Impatient/Aggressive Employee
- Overlooked Employee
- Pleaser Employee
- Political Animal Employee
Talent Marks Free Webinar: Got A Bad Boss? Work That Boss to Get What You Want at Work - February 2015
Articles & Interviews:
- “Do You Have a Bad Boss?”
Bentley University - February 11, 2016
- “Your Working Life With Caroline Dowd-Higgins” (YouTube)
Caroline Dowd-Higgins - May 2015
- “Don't Let a 'Misery Loves Company' Mindset Sabotage Your Career”
Career Women Coaching - February 17, 2015
- “Got the Bad Boss Blues?”
Career-Intelligence.com - April 2015
- “Sticky Work Situations (And How to Deal With Them)”
levo.com - March 20, 2015
- “Just Relationships” (mp3 download)
WHPC Radio - February 2015
- "Working Your Bad Boss" (mp3 download)
The Kathryn Zox Show - November 26, 2014
- “Stopping the Spread of Your Bad Boss’s Behavior”
CareerBuilder.com - September 30, 2014
- “How to Manipulate Your Awful Boss Into Working For You”
Entrepreneur - August 18, 2014
- “How to Make the Most of Your Bad Boss”
Complete Wellbeing - June 15, 2014
- “Turn the Bad Boss Blame Game to Your Advantage”
thoughtLeaders.com - June 16, 2014
- "The New Relationship Reality Show" (mp3 download)
WebTalk Radio - April 9, 2014
- “Are You A Bad Boss?”
Business Advantage - January 2014
- “How to Spot the Boss From Hell”
The Wall Street Journal - February 9, 2014
- “12 Most Upworthy Ways to Succeed Despite a Bad Boss”
12most.com - December 30, 2013
- “5 Sure-to-Fail Approaches for Dealing With a Bad Boss”
BrazenCareerist.com - December 6, 2013
- “How To Succeed Despite a Bad Boss” (radio interview mp3)
Chat With Women, KKNW Radio - December 3, 2013
- “Got a Bad Boss?” (radio interview)
The Union Edge - October 24, 2013
- “Can’t Change Your Boss? No Problem!”
The Book Faery Reviews - October 15, 2013
- "Are You A 'Ghost Boss'? 4 Bad Boss Bloopers - And How to Fix Them"
Fast Company - October 8, 2013
- “Discover The Different Kinds of Bad Bosses”
Careerealism.com - October 8, 2013
- “Don't Be Abused By Your Bad Boss”
Careerealism.com - September 30, 2013
- “How to Work Your Bad Boss”
Careerealism.com - September 26, 2013
- "Is Your Stress At Work Out of Control? Keep Your Boss From Pushing You To The Brink" - June 17, 2015
- "36 Percent of Bosses are 'Dysfunctional' or 'Horrible' - Still!" - May 14, 2015
- "How to Put Your Sexist Horny Pig Boss in His Place and Still Keep Your Job (Maybe)" - March 25, 2015
- "Don't Let A 'Misery Loves Company' Mindset Sabotage Your Career Success" - February 17, 2015
- "What You Can Learn From Your Bad Boss" - January 13, 2015
- "What To Do When Your Boss Plays Favorites" - December 9, 2014
- "With a Horrible Boss, Your Attitude is Everything" - November 18, 2014
- "Eight Signs of a Fantastic Boss" - October 16, 2014
- "Stop Your Bad Boss From Spreading Toxic Behavior" - September 9, 2014
- "Don’t Blame Your Incompetent Boss; Blame The Peter Principle” - August 14, 2014
- “One In Seven Workers Give Their Boss a 'D' or 'F' Grade; Bad Communication Cited” - July 14, 2014
- “Five Ways to Avoid Turning Into Your Bad Boss” - June 20, 2014
- "What to Do When the Workplace Bully is Your Boss" - May 16, 2014
- " Focus on the Solution, Not Your Bad Boss’s Ridiculous Behavior" - March 11, 2014
- "Enjoy, Thrive At Work Despite a Bad Boss" - January 22, 2014
- "2014 Workplace New Year’s Resolution - Tap Into Your Career Courage" - December 16, 2013
- "Four Surprising Reasons To Be Thankful For Your Bad Boss" - November 13, 2013
- "Bad Bosses And the Phoniness of National Boss Day" - October 21, 2013
- "Boss’s Day: October 16 - What’s to Celebrate if You Have a Bad Boss?" - October 10, 2013
- "Dr. Noelle Nelson’s New Book Challenges Prevailing Wisdom on How to Succeed Despite a Bad Boss" - September 25, 2013
Free Careerealism.com Webinar!
Watch a free webinar by Dr. Nelson: "Got A Bad Boss? It’s Time To Take Charge"
Got A Bad Boss?
|"I used to think my career was about how good I was at my job. Wrong! With Got A Bad Boss? I realized the bigger part of my job was to figure out who my Finger Pointer Boss really was behind all that rant-and-rave, and help him be successful. Once I got that down, my career really took off."
Meg T. ~ Account specialist, CPA firm
"Got A Bad Boss? helped me understand that the way to get ahead was to take charge of my job--because my Ghost Boss couldn't and wouldn't. I was skeptical, but I stuck with what the book suggests, and now I get the resources I ask for and first dibs on new accounts--which has my co-workers green with envy."
Eddie R. ~ Customer sales and service, Plumbing supplies company
"My Egomaniacal Boss is brilliant, but she makes impossible demands. Taking what I learned from Dr. Nelson's Got a Bad Boss? I am able to turn her impossible everything into 'possible,' and make my boss look good in the process. She loves it. And--oh shock--she's been very generous with bonuses and perks."
Julia C. ~ Wedding co-ordinator, Event planning company
"There's no way I thought I'd ever succeed with my Screamer/Irrational Boss. I used to dread coming in to work. Even headphones didn't help, no matter how expensive. But with Got a Bad Boss? I discovered how to get through and around her tirades, to where she's accepting my ideas a surprising number of times. I'm up for a promotion because of it--which may get me out of her department entirely."
Matt G. ~ Computer tech, Textile manufacturing company
"Turning my Favoritism Boss into a mentor was an act and a half. But once he got that I took what he said seriously and acted on his advice, giving him the credit, like it says to in Got A Bad Boss? he started making me the go-to guy, instead his gang of barbeque-and-sports buddies--even though they kept trying to tear me down. I'm still amazed this stuff works."
Al P. ~ Construction foreman, Roofing company
[ Buy This Book ]